Tuesday, September 13, 2011

a post to remember: about dreams

just cutting and pasting Jaeson ma's post that made so much sense to me today, to be remembered as long as i live.
I have dreams that I want to achieve, more so, I have things within me that I know must be actualized. All of us have dreams, but dreams can’t become a reality unless we actually do something with what we have. We may have a lot or a little, it doesn’t matter how much, what matters is what we do with what has been given. We are each responsible for doing the best with what God has given to each of us, this is called stewardship. It is recognizing that life is a gift, everything that we are given is a treasure, and we are to be careful to not waste, but to make haste with what has been given and do something useful with it. For me, this can be really difficult, because to focus on what I’m called to do requires me to say no to what I am not called to do. Good is the enemy of great. Useful is the enemy of fruitful. Busyness is the enemy of passion. Activity is the enemy of excellence. There is so much I need to do, but there is also one thing I should do. Walk with God and be myself. Not be everything for everybody else. So I can’t apologize if I can’t respond to every email, return every phone call, meet up for another coffee, because some things need to wait, until I can become my best, I can’t actually be  my best for you. You have to learn to love yourself before you can love others truly. We get sidetracked at times, but it is never too late to get back on track and do what is necessary by ridding ourselves of the unnecessary. Sooner or later, we will get there, but it is all one day at a time, one step at a time.
Be silent. Take a deep breath. Clear you mind. Know what is important. Deny the urgent. Focus on your purpose. Decide. Work with all your heart. Leave behind something worthwhile. Envision the end, but take it one step at a time.
From my heart to the heavens, Jesus be the center!
It's all about You! Yes, its all about You!

No comments: