Wednesday, May 07, 2008

There is much more to our redemption!!

The core of Christ’s mission is foretold in Isaiah 61:

The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners. (v. 1)

The Messiah will come, he says, to bind up and heal, to release and set free. What? Your heart. Christ comes to restore and release you, your soul, the true you.

So take him at his word—ask him in to heal all the broken places within you and unite them into one whole and healed heart. Ask him to release you from all bondage and captivity, as he promised to do. As George MacDonald prayed, “Gather my broken fragments to a whole . . . Let mine be a merry, all-receiving heart, but make it a whole, with light in every part.” But you can’t do this at a distance; you can’t ask Christ to come into your wound while you remain far from it. You have to go there with him.

(Wild at Heart , 128–29)

Im amazed at God's passion for our hearts, the deepest part of our being. He wants nothing more than it. Yet most of the time we live our lives so UNCOncoius of He's existence. Its as though being married but living like our husbands never existed. Yet while we were at our wastefulness, He still came to us and gave HIs life, just to have our 'wasted' life back. Because to Him, it was all He wanted.

Would you bear to see someone do this for you? I immediately think that im not worth anything even NEAR to that. But that is how much He loved me. He made me beautiful, fearce and fearless in Him. To Him I am everything. and i want to respond the same.

some one quoted a line from the drama series One Tree Hill: "all that girls want is someone who wants them back". i know i have found the one who wants me, all of me. In Him, this is where the love lasts forever.

Thank you my dear dear dear Lord, for more than redemption.

No comments: