Wednesday, January 23, 2008

a Question asked 4 years ago, was just answered

Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me..
I once was lost but now am found, was blind but now I see!

Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, and grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear, the hour I first believed

My chains are gone, I've been set free
My God my Saviour has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love! Amazing grace!

The Lord has promised good to me, His Word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be, as long as life endures..

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow, the sun forbears to shine
But God who called me here below, will be forever mine..
YOU are forever mine :)

I looked back to the title of my blog... it reads "when grace goes deep in a ransomed heart"
i had no idea that learning and living in especially in GRACE, will be the highlight of my pass few months and i believe..many long months to come.

The first title for this blog 4 years ago, back in 2004 when i was 18, was "whats so amazing about grace". some may know that its actually a title of a book written by Phillip Yancey, Meiling's favourite author. I was curious about the subject matter itself. really, whats so amazing about grace. i mean, i know what is grace and have experienced it saving me before.

Little did I know, that over these long 4 years, God has been answering my question- "whats so amazing about grace?" in more than a 100 ways

This different version is a new one by Chris Tomlin called- Amazing Grace (My chains are gone). Theres and additional chorus and 2 different verses to it.

Every word, every line in this song, is what I want to say to every person reading this posting of my blog. really.. This.. is my testimony, how Grace saved me.

Through all that has happened, bad, ugly, dreadful things that have happened, it was that amazing grace that saved a skilless, sometimes brainless, blurrhead wretch like me. It was grace that taught my heart to fear, to know the things that I know now, to refrain from the stupid things that I would have done and put God back in His place, where He should be, the highest place in my life. And grace relieved all my fears. The fear of dark situations, fear of being alone, fear of loosing my closest loved ones, fear or being small, fear of facing the unknown. How precioud did that grace appear, it was there ever since I welcomed Jesus into my life.

My chains are gone.. chains of anxiety, of fear, doubt, confusion, inferiority, hopelessness, loss of my heart, zero levels of compassion, lack of patience and emptiness... are gone. gone gone gone far far away. I've been set free! My God my Saviour has ransomed me! as I give it all to Him, Jesus the faithful intercessor bore it and carried it away. He payed the ransom to get me and my heart back from the devil. and like a flood His mercy rains. God doesnt drip, sprinkle, or wipes a bit of it on you, He prefers exaggeration... He POURS it, RAINS and FLOODS you with His mercy. I wonder if I could drown and die getting flooded by mercy. But that sounds quite impossible. back to the basics, its still that Unending love, that AMAZING grace!

not stopping yet =P

The Lord has promised good to me.. He is a good God and wants the best for me. In His word my hope is definately secure. He will be my shield and my portion as long as I live. Try beating that! HAHA The earth will fail, the sun will fail.. like I Am Legend..the fame, fortune, glamour, pride will fail, but because its God who called me here to live, He had already planned to take care of me. He will forever be mine.

This is how deep this song has gone in me. God literally answered my "whats sooooo amazing about grace question" by making me listen to this song. its like He's saying, "haha, now you know whats soo amazing about grace..I've been here all along my dear dear child. I never left. Even when things were going bad, actually i had allowed it. To make you grow. My grace is more than enough for you, and my strength is perfect when you feel you have none. The bad times were not made to last forever, so don't worry. I wont guarantee that it will be the last lesson on Grace, but I can tell that you've got it correctly. a few more edges to polish and you're set for now."

ummmmmm~~ bumpy ride it was. happened for the best it did ~ =P


No comments: